Tuesday, April 28, 2009

It's Not a Sprint . . .

. . . it's a marathon.

This weekend I made some serious progress on my Hemlock Ring Blanket which is really good since this project has been a "in progress" since last December. The phrase "in progress" is sort of misleading in this case it should have been categorized as "just sitting". But ItShe and I got some serious knitting time in Saturday and then I got to work on it again for most of Monday while Big A was working on his car on Monday in Riverside.

The blanket is now to big to be able to take a picture with it laid out flat, but if I were knitting a gigantic jelly fish made out of wool this is what it would look like.

IMG_4266

I was able to get 6 repeats done, and now I only have 4 more repeats to go until the very long cast-off.

1 comment:

Rambling Rose said...

OH! So pretty Michelle!
I have been working up the nerve to start this and now it is starting to get warm again so I think it will have to be a fall project. That much wool sitting on my lap in the dead of summer, here in Florida, is not a happy thought. I will dream about what type of yarn to use during the summer and start this fall.........maybe, lol.

Can't wait to see it finished!