Today was nothing short of amazing for many reasons here are the top four:
4. It is Bobmas (this will be the last knitting reference in this post)
3. It is my favorite baseball player's birthday Team Captain for the Boston Red Sox Jason Varitek (happy birthday Captain)
2. The Red Sox won this afternoon at Anaheim
And the number one reason why today was amazing is my alma mater Boston University Men's Hockey Team won the National Championship in over time.
I will post more about this tomorrow (and what the title of my post means) but here is a blurb from the The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog that I liked.
The championship game win--by the numbers:
• The win was the 35th of the season, setting an all-time Terrier record.
• It was also BU's 45th game of the season, another record.
• And it gave the senior class an even 100 wins over four season.
• Parker became the first Division I coach in history to earn 30 NCAA Tournament victories, passing crosstown rival and contemporary Jerry York of Boston College, who has 29.
• The victory was also BU's first and only overtime win during a season in which they were ranked #1 for much of the year.
• BU won six tournaments this season (IceBreaker, Denver Cup, Beanpot, Hockey East Tournament, NCAA Regional, Frozen Four) and seven titles, the seventh being the Hockey East regular season title.
• The Terriers remain undefeated in games in which Nick Bonino scores at least one point (25-0--3)
• Freshman netminder Kieran Millan extended his record away from Agganis Arena to 16-0-1. BU finished the season with a 17-0-2 record in its final 19 games away from home.
• Colby Cohen's NCAA-championship-winning goal was the #1 top play on ESPN SportsCenter. Bonino's tying goal was #3.
• BU has now played in 10 national championship games and has won five times (19771, 19772, 1978, 1995, 2009)