Monday, May 18, 2009

You Had Me At Lace

Saturday was a really good day. I got my wonderful package from Germany. And all I have to say is you had me at lace. The lace is more than I can describe, it's amazing. The yardage is HUGE, 1740 yards per skein, per skein! I was lucky and I got three colors of lace, here they are:

Pfefferminz Prinz (Peppermint Prince): a really cool mix of green and blue
IMG_4345

Miss May: purples, pink and little bit of brown
IMG_4338

Rhabarber (Rhubarb) shades of green and red (it's a bit darker IRL)
IMG_4334

I have some projects in mind for the yarn, but right now I'm not going to commit, I'm just going to sit and admire it.

Another reason why Saturday was also great because ItShe, Grape and I went to a book signing party for Knitting in the Sun because our friend Anne of CraftyDiversions has two lovely patterns in the book. It was great to see Anne again and met her friend Chia (hopefully we will see them again soon). It was really nice to be able to see the patterns from the book all knit up. There are a lot of really nice patterns in a lot of different categories, something for everyone. There are a few patterns that I wanted to knit right away, but I have something on the needles that scares the shit out of me right now and that's what I'm concentrating on right now. If the "project that scares the shit out of me" ends up working I will post pictures of it soon.

No comments: