Thursday, May 7, 2009

44 Days 16 Hours and About 6 Minutes . . .

That's how long I lasted without buying yarn. It is with mixed emotions that I post that I have broken my streak.

What yarn could be worth breaking the "trying really hard to knit from the stash streak"? There is only ONE answer for me and that is:

WOLLMEISE LACE

I have been stalking Wollmeise lace since it first debuted. I have always wanted it, desperately. I have managed to catch about 7 or 8 updates but never bought anything because there was no lace. I even put up two skeins of matching Versuchskaninchen 1 to trade in hope of catching the elusive beast, but there were no takers.

But I have broken my no new yarn fast for a good reason. I was able to get my hot little hands on some Wollmeise Lace . . . I still can't believe it. This post is edited to add that I did the math (I know the horror of me doing math) and I figured out that the entire cost of the yarn plus international shipping divided by the yardage (which is incredible) comes out to about .0252 cents a yard, which is less than a cent a foot, which is a price I can totally live with.

When it gets here I'll take its picture so you can all see it! Yippie!

No comments: