Thursday, February 7, 2008

My Mom's Sercret Gift

I'm working on a Tuscany Shawl for my Mom. Lace and I had a very difficult beginning, I attempted to knit a very complicated piece of lace very early in my knitting career. It was too much too soon and I didn't know how to correct my mistakes without ripping the entire project (so very frustrating and tear-inducing). So needless to say I have gathered a few more knitting skills and decided that I would give it another try. I knew that I wanted to start with something easy that had a purl row between every lace row. I found just that in Amy Singer's No Sheep for You book, which ItShe gave me as a birthday present last year.

The pattern is straight forward and since you add a stitch on each side every row progress is made every row (which is nice). Here is a picture of the lace pattern up close:

Here is a picture of the shawl at 5 1/2 repeats (I have about 8 1/2 done right now)

I decided to knit this with Handmaiden Sea Silk (not the Silken that was called for in the pattern) in color Capri and I'm knitting this on Addi Turbo Lace Needles size 5 in a 32" length.

There is progress being made in my knitting and school work (which is good).

No comments: