Thursday, December 31, 2009

One Last Post for 2009

So the end of 2009 is here, the year has gone by super fast. ItShe asked me what my knitting goals were for 2010, and I said I don't have knitting goals, I just want to finish my thesis.

There are three projects on the needles right now:

1. My replacement Jaywalker sock in Strange Little Mama
2. Kingscot sweater, back and right front finished, casted on for left front.
3. My Wollmeise Lace for the CPaASG-ers KAL, the objective of the KAL is to finally break into those highly coveted skeins of Wollmeise lace and knit something.

I decided to use my Wollmeise Lace in Lavendel and casted on for Vernal Equinox Shawl Surprise by Lankakomero. The pattern is great and it's the first time I have ever knit a half circle shawl. I've had to frog a few things here and there but a few days ago I had to frog 1750 stitches because I misplaced a YO and it was really obvious, it was a PITA but I did it. This piece of lace is different from the others I have knit in the past because it has larger lace motifs and not just little self-contained pieces that you repeat over and over. The original pattern was a Surprise KAL so it is broken down into 6 clues, I've finished Clues 1, 2, and 3 and I'm half way down with Clue #4.

Here is a picture of Clues 1-3.



So 2009 it's been a good year, but I think I'm ready for 2010 and a fresh new start. Happy Knitting!

No comments: